Repurposed yeast tubes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesFCHB

Reaction score
Cheap tap handles I use to ID the style on tap. Just used a 3/8-16 x 7/16 T-nut with flange with brad holes purchased at Lowe's. Hardest part was finding the center of the cap for drilling the hole and inserted the t-nut from in side the cap. The tube seats against the flange inside the cap.

Edit: I added the photos but couldn't get the t-nut out of the cap. It fits nicely.

Tap Handles.jpg

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

nice! thanks for the pictures it's much clearer now. I like your idea a lot, i'll have to see if i have the space to clear these on my system or not. My blessing and curse is I have ferm chamber doors above my taps that need to open, so I can't put big fancy tap handles on.

Nice! I use mine to hold salad dressing for when I bring in some rabbit food to work.

what are you using to remove the label adhesive? i tried an oxyclean soak and it didn't work.

I soaked in straight A for a while till the paper came loose enough to scrape off then used GooGone on the adhesive. Took a few application and no marks to the plastic.

what are you using to remove the label adhesive? i tried an oxyclean soak and it didn't work.

24h soak in oxyclean worked for me. I half filled the tubes with water, and let them soak while I was stripping labels from bottles. I use the Wally-world stuff if that makes any difference...

Latest posts

Back