Remove plastic tubing from new March pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taquina

Reaction score
I'm finally getting my brew setup with electric pumps. I unpacked the March pump today and saw that it had two small plastic tubes on the front and back. Does anyone know if these are to be removed before operation? I was surprised that there were no instructions included with the pump.

Thanks!

pump.jpg

Yes, they are both in line with one another. There was nothing that said "remove before operating", so I assumed they must have another function.

I would think that if there are two "unknown" tubes with "Oil" arrows pointing to them... maybe they are used to oil the pump? Nah that would be too simple... :mug:

I would think that if there are two "unknown" tubes with "Oil" arrows pointing to them... maybe they are used to oil the pump? Nah that would be too simple... :mug:

It's a decent point. Being so small and angling upon entry into the pump casing gave me the impression that they were there to stabilize something and not for oil. But, again, I would also assume that if they were to be removed before using they would have at least put that message on there!

Back