Reinvigorated Brewer from Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

histo320

Reaction score
I have been a member of this site since 2008 but I have not been here much in the past 3 years but a lot in the past few days.

I moved from Asheville, NC, the best beer city in the USA in 2010 and began a teaching career where I also coach Football and Basketball. All of my obligations to my job really left me with little to no down time. Also, I lived in small 1 bedroom apartment which made brewing impossible.

Last February my wife and I finally got a house and since I have refined my teaching skills I have a bit more free time. A friend of mine said, "hey we should make a beer sometime," and now I have the bug. I am in the heart of basketball season and will have to wait until March or so to brew but I am extremely excited. We are going to do 2 brews in one day.

Brew #1 - Zombiedust (clone) - I am working out a recipe as we speak, suggestions are always welcome.

Brew #2 - Magic Hat (clone - one of the better beers I have made) or a simple IPA which was the first beer I made.

Everything seems to go in cycles.
Welcome back to a neat hobby (tastes great too).

Which hops do you think you going to go with, just citra?
You'll have to post what you end up with for your recipe.

I'm going to head up to the nearest home brew store to see what they have. I feel more comfortable getting the ingredients on my own rather than shipped. If they don't have Citra I may substitute Centennial.

I am also thinking about doing a Partial Mash rather than just steeping specialty grains. I have about 3 months to prepare.

Back