Regulator Setup Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdavidw

Reaction score
Here is my current setup:

thumb2_img_5002-62297.jpg

I am going to replace one of the faucets with a stout faucet with a separate nitro regulator and beer gas tank.

Option 1 - Remove one of the CO2 regulators and move the gas line over to the nitro regulator.

Option 2 - Keep the 3 CO2 regulators where they are and mount the nitro regulator next to it Drill a 4th hole so there will be 4 gas in connections and I can carb up with one and then switch to the nitro by changing the gas in ball lock.

Option 3 - Keep the 3 CO2 regulators where they are and mount the Nitro regulator next to it. Splice a T into the gas line so both the nito regulator and a CO2 regulator run into the same 3rd line into the kegarator. I would then only turn on either the CO2 or the nitro but not both at the same times. Am I playing with fire by potentially connecting the two systems?

I don't know how much I will be needing CO2 for the stout keg. I have heard that some people run CO2 until it gets too carbonated and then switch over to the nitro.

Thanks for any suggestions

I am between 2 and 3. If I splice in a T should I add check valves like these between the regulators and the T?

In_Line_Check_Valve__98072.1408538664.1280.1280.jpg

Or do the regulators come with built in check valves. I want to make sure nothing bad would happen if both the nitro valve and CO2 valve were opened at the same time. Would accidentally getting more CO2 in the 25% CO2 75% Nitro mix or getting some nitro in my CO2 tank be very harmful?

How often do people with stout faucets use CO2 and not beer gas for that keg?

Thanks again for any suggestions - Its a big help.

Latest posts

Back