regulator question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inline4

Reaction score
so I have a new taprite 710 regulator and an old 740 with busted gauges. I'm planning on getting a rebuild kit...

most all of the co2 regulators have a low side gauge which maxes out at 60psi

is it just a matter of replacing the gauge with a gauge that has a higher psi rating?

I want to connect the two in series, but need to feed a mccann carbonator too..

thanks.

I don't do soda,but never take mine over 40 psi(only to seal keg) so why do you need it to measure over 60 psi. With a maximum closer to working pressure the reading is more accurate.

I have my rig set for soda-beer-beer. I've never needed more than maybe 45 psi? So sixty should do you well... But I would call taprite and see what they suggest about rebuilding for higher psi on their existing equipment.

THE Carbonator like this?View attachment 305909

You'll only need 30-50psi.

Keep in mind that while high co2 content may sound like a dream, co2 acts on your pain receptors in your mouth for sensation, so TOO much carbonation may not be pleasant.

I love carbonated water, I'm pretty sure I'm pushing only 30psi for that when I do make it in a keg. In a soda bottle, I'm never happy with the results. Getting your liquid near freezing is going to be your best bet in achieving a proper carbonation level when forced rather than higher psi.

Good luck!

It's a McCann's carbonator... it has a 32oz tank and has a float sensor in it... it runs on 80-100 psi input pressure and is supposed to be run through a cold plate.

the only slight problem is, I may need to get a replacement tank, or other carbonator anyhow... the co2 inlet has some corrosion and there was a little bit of rust (old ass tank and poor maintenance), unless I can find someone to weld on a new post.

there's supposed to be a flat mating surface, on each of those.. The Co2 one has an un even surface, I don't know if that's a bad thing, when it comes to steel and carbonic acid....

any ideas?

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Latest posts

Back