Regulator PSI creeps up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtah

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My Kegco dual regulator keeps creeping up over a 4-8 hour period. I can't find the sweet spot on the dial to keep it under 18 PSI. I release the pressure turn dial down and within a few hours it is way up again. It seems the adjustment between 0 PSI and 18PSI is impossible to get. I am talking 1/16" adjustments.

This has happened to me. Maybe your kegs are overcarbonated and the pressure is backing up into your gauge and giving you bad readings? Do you have a check valve on your CO2 lines, or on your regulator to keep this from happening? Try releasing the pressure from your kegs, then reattaching it.

They appear to have an open/close lever. I am really new to this so my verbage may be wrong. The keg appears to have only couplers and the regulator and triple air line distributor have only on off levers.

Try to bleed off the pressure in the keg, set the regulator to 10 psi and then disconnect the keg. If the pressure rises you will know that the regulator has a problem, probably dirt in it or a bad diaphragm. If the 10 psi pressure holds then you will know that it is over carbonated beer.

Try to bleed off the pressure in the keg, set the regulator to 10 psi and then disconnect the keg. If the pressure rises you will know that the regulator has a problem, probably dirt in it or a bad diaphragm. If the 10 psi pressure holds then you will know that it is over carbonated beer.

Are you talking about taking off the coupler on the air side? Would it work to turn off lever on air line distributor?

Update: I called the Beverage Factory, explained the situation and they said it was probably faulty diaphram. No questions asked. They are sending a new regulator.

My regulator, a Victor SR250, which is actually a high-pressure (argon or other weld gas) was doing the same thing. Turned out to be leaking ever so slowly past the needle valve. Despite all of the doom warnings all over the 'net, it was a pretty easy rebuild. Only $31 for a kit with a new needle valve, small gaskets, and diaphragm.

I had reg creep when I bought my frist one. I was told to detach the kegs, shut off the valves at the manifold and crank the pressure up and pull the relief pin a couple times to 'blow out' the whatever the heck was stuck in it. It worked for me. If they let you keep it as well as the replacement give it a try.

Latest posts

Back