Regulator leak help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
Noticed a problem when I went to poor a blonde that had been force carbing for a few days I find it flat and only trickling out of the faucet despite the regulator reading 12psi. I have duel taprite regulator and it's the second one causing problems. It didn't drain my co2 tank which is the weird thing but when I went to infuse more co2 after purging the keg I heard a hiss sound from the regulator.

I know it's not an issue with the keg so what gives?

I can hear some co2 go into the keg but not enough to carb or serve . I then hear a a hiss from the regulator but psi maintains steady and after a little while the hissing stops which is probably why my 5# cylinder isn't drained.

Any help would be appreciated as everyone is coming over for thanksgiving and I wanted to have my beer on tap.

Since you didn't drain your tank, I'm guessing you don't have a leak. But to be sure, take some windex or other soapy liquid and spray everywhere there is a connection. Also spray the top of your keg. If there is a leak, you will see bubbles forming.

My guess is that the gauge on your regulator is broken. Crank up the pressure and see if the needle moves.

You should already have a spray bottle filled with StarSan as part of you basic brew gear. If not, fill one (that has never been used for cleanser or bleach) with StarSan and use that to leak check.

Spray around the back side of the plastic housing of the reg. If bubbling happens, try gently tightening that housing onto the metal reg body. Check it again. If it still leaks there, contact your vendor. Taprite (located in San Antonio) is good about standing behind their stuff.

Thanks for the help - it appears te regulator is busted and there is no leak. The regulator needle is reading about 10 psi high at all times

Called keg connection and I must say they continue to impress and will always be my go to store. No questions asked they are sending out a new regulator on Monday.

You're welcome. Good to hear that they're taking care of that for you.

Hope Thanksgiving pours turned out OK for you.

Glad your vendor is helping you, although I don't think you needed an entire regulator. The gauge is broken, that's all.

Latest posts

Back