Regulator Broken?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gone_fishing

Reaction score
Just kegged my first batch. I bought the system from a HB guy getting out of brewing. He told me the tank pressure never worked correctly. I just refilled the Co2 tank and it still reads refill. Is gauge just broken and needs to be replaced possibly?

Hard to say. Is the tank inside the kegerator? If so then everything is fine. The cold temps drop the tank pressure even though it is full. My newly filled 10 pound tank will drop to about 500 psi when it's cold. It's still full and you will get full use of it.

If it's not inside the kegerator and you know for sure that it's full then you either have a bad regulator or a bad gauge. If you can adjust the gas out pressure then the regulator is fine and just need to replace the gauge. A replacement can be bought at most homebrew stores or online for $6-8. I just bought one from kegconnection.com.

http://www.kegconnection.com/regulator-gauge-0-2000-right-hand-thread-1/

Back