Refrigerated too early. Low Carbonation.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shauntraxler

Reaction score
So, in an attempt to have my brew ready for family tastings, I refrigerated a few beers. However, we cracked the first one, and it still had little carb. They have only been bottled a little over a week, so I'm not worried that I under primed, and I know I opened way to early....

Still, my question is this: can I remove the brews from the fridge in an attempt to continue carbonation? The yeast aren't dead, just dormant correct? So, in theory, I could just warm up the bottles, rouse the yeast and continue to carb, right?

Are there issues with this?

shauntraxler - How did it turn out?

I did the same thing with an Oatmeal Stout. I gave it nine days at room temperature to carbonate then (per some instruction pack I found) transferred it all the refrigerator. I cracked a few of them - the taste is pretty good, although the carbonation is just a tad too low. The bubbles are very small and there is nearly no head when it is poured in a pint glass.

I am going to attempt to pull the majority of it out for another two weeks.

Back