Reducing Risk of Bottle Bombs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMT

Reaction score
I just wanted to pass on what my grandfather did to reduce the hazard of bottle bombs. He would cover the bottles with an old heavy blanket to catch the glass and keep the root beer from spraying all over. I updated this by adding a large rubbermaid tote to keep things from going all over.

Yeah that's a good idea. I actually bought a bunch of empty bottles at one point so I just stored them in the boxes they came in during conditioning.

It's also good to make sure primary fermentation is done and don't overdo your priming sugar.

Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by making sure the primary ferment is done, and, regarding the priming sugar?

Thanks!

Whoopsy daisy! Sorry for the confusion, was browsing the unanswered threads and didn't realize this question was on the soda making forum. My advice is for beer making. I tried to delete my response so you could get some soda making feedback but it turns out that's only for dues paying members.

Once again sorry for the confusion and happy brewing!

Back