Redneck from Hippyville via Stumptown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dog_gone

Reaction score
So, Googling can be expensive.

Late in the summer I was interested in making cider for my very sweet GF. Google led me to UpstateMike's Caramel Apple Hard Cider recipe.

As a former extract brewer from the late 80s, I couldn't help but look around once I stumbled upon HBT. Three months later, I've purchased and modified a kegerator from Costco, purchased 6 corny kegs, a 15g BK and I've saved about 75 22oz bottles. I plan on doing 5g & 10g BIAB batches.

I'm still looking for the right grain mill, a 80-100qt MT, and fermenting equipment. Oh, yeah, we moved to a house with a larger garage so that I can use half of it for brewing.

So, yeah... Googling can be expensive. And fun. Glad I found HBT!

I'm from Eugene. Spent several years on Maui, a few years in San Diego and Portland, but, now, I'm back home. Ninkasi and Oakshire are in my backyard. My kegerator is currently loaded with cornies of Very Ill Tempered Gnome and Watershed IPA.

I recently joined the local HBC (Cascade Brewers Society) and have been stunned by how friendly and helpful they've been. I look forward to contributing to both CBS and HBT as I learn and grow.

Thanks!

So, Googling can be expensive.

Late in the summer I was interested in making cider for my very sweet GF. Google led me to UpstateMike's Caramel Apple Hard Cider recipe.

As a former extract brewer from the late 80s, I couldn't help but look around once I stumbled upon HBT. Three months later, I've purchased and modified a kegerator from Costco, purchased 6 corny kegs, a 15g BK and I've saved about 75 22oz bottles. I plan on doing 5g & 10g BIAB batches.

I'm still looking for the right grain mill, a 80-100qt MT, and fermenting equipment. Oh, yeah, we moved to a house with a larger garage so that I can use half of it for brewing.

So, yeah... Googling can be expensive. And fun. Glad I found HBT!

I'm from Eugene. Spent several years on Maui, a few years in San Diego and Portland, but, now, I'm back home. Ninkasi and Oakshire are in my backyard. My kegerator is currently loaded with cornies of Very Ill Tempered Gnome and Watershed IPA.

I recently joined the local HBC (Cascade Brewers Society) and have been stunned by how friendly and helpful they've been. I look forward to contributing to both CBS and HBT as I learn and grow.

Thanks!

HaHaHa! Yeah, welcome to HBT. I'm an ex LeftCoaster myself. I love Eugene. Once dreamed of making it home. Good to have you with us...

Back