Redhook bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilsojos

Reaction score
I'm out of town and stopped to get a six pack. I got redhook with the snub nose bottles. Has anyone tried to cap them? Wasn't sure if the double lever capper would work on the short neck.

Yeah, I've used them a lot too and they work great. Something about the shorter bottles that are nice. The labels come off fairly easy too.

I used Redhook stubbies exclusively for the last 3 batches. Not a single problem with capping. Overnight soak in oxyclean and the labels fall off right in the water (pretty much the same with any bottle). I've been warned that the short neck is not a conducive to a controlled pour to keep yeast sediment in the bottle but I've not experienced any problem there either. Fun bottles, big hit with friends.

I have several cases of these. They work great, as mentioned the labels come off easy. Oxiclean is what I use.

Latest posts

Back