Red X Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcej23

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the potential (SG), yield (%), and coarse fine difference for this malt so I can plug it into beersmith? The other fields were easy to find on the bestmalz fact sheet for this malt after some simple conversions. However, I'm still unfamiliar to some of the terminology. If it says the malt was designed for a 12 P beer, should I just convert that to SG, or should I use the 79% minimum extract fine grind, dry basis listed in the fact sheet? I'm guessing the coarse fine difference doesn't really matter and I could stick with the 1.5% preset?

It does. There are at least two Bestmalz RedX malts in the fermentables list, and I've installed three different Bestmalz add-ons over the years. So they're in there somewhere :)

Cheers!

It does. There are at least two Bestmalz RedX malts in the fermentables list, and I've installed three different Bestmalz add-ons over the years. So they're in there somewhere :)

Cheers!

hmm I'm using the 21 day free trial of the most recent version. Wasn't in the main fermentables list. Is there somewhere else I should check?

Assuming the trial version is fully functional, go into File - Add-Ons...
A dual list pop-up will appear, and if you set Show Plugins For: to "fermentables", all of the Bestmalz plugins will appear on the right panel (among a lot of others)...

Cheers!

Back