Red Hot Cinnamon beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Donelson

Inspector51
Reaction score
Hi new to the sight , was wondering if anyone has a recipe for a extract beer using a cinnamon oil or red hot candy extract ? Wife has been bugging me for one . Thanks .

I would say an amber or red ale would be a good base style for what your aiming for. The slight sweetness from the crystal grains and color would probably lend its self well. If I were you I’d research one of those recipes for your base. You could also research a winter warmer recipe or spiced beer and see how people are including the cinnamon.

As kids, we would buy cinnamon oil from the drug store and put toothpicks in the bottle and let it soak overnight. Your question brought back fond memories.

I wonder if you can buy cinnamon oil from drug stores today. You can make a cinnamon tea for bottling using a French Press with cinnamon sticks, though it will not be as hot as you might desire.

I made a baltic porter last year and added a dram of cinnamon oil to the keg. It came out exactly as I envisioned an Atomic Fire Bal-tic Porter should taste. A little over the top, but the flavor faded quickly and you were ready to take the next sip. If you keg, the flavor will stay in your keg lines, so be prepared to replace or brew another beer that would be complimented by the cinnamon in the first pour.

Back