Recycled Steel for my new Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swerner

Reaction score
I recently aquired some steel framing from a comercial job and decided to build my brewstand. The actual framing is 3" square and the deck and shelving are made of 1 1/2" steel angle. I put everything together with bolts and screws. I am still in the process of building everything but I do have some pictures of my progress thus far. I plan on running gas pipe to feed 2 burners and installing an electric switch to run the March pump. I still need 1 more burner for the HLT. I was able to put on 6 threaded casters for easy rolling out of the garage for nice brew days. I can't wait to get everything up and running.

P1050443.jpg

P1050449.JPG

P1050451.JPG

P1050455.JPG

Thanks ChuckO, I was debating on building a gravity system. But I opted for the single tier because all that water is getting too heavy for me to lift. I still have a lot of steel left. Maybe I'll put the framing of a fermentation chamber together and find a recycled fridge. Still a lot to do yet on this project.

Nice work, I like! You could park your truck on that! Seriously looks like you rolled it out of a commercial / industrial kitchen...2 barrel batches?

I finally installed the second burner and attched the silicone tubing to the pumps. I still haven't install the gas pipe as of yet. I had to go out of town for some more commercial work for a couple of weeks so I should be able to complete every thing when I get back. I will include some new pictures.

Latest posts

Back