Reconditioned Kegs from Beverage Elements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian57

Reaction score
Any body here had recent dealings with company regarding reconditioned Kegs. I did a search and most posts were several years old.

Any body here had recent dealings with company regarding reconditioned Kegs. I did a search and most posts were several years old.
Just got two class 3 kegs from them and on arrival they held pressure. I released the pressure, filled them with water and cleaner and it leaked a ton out of the lid. I looked and the sealing surface for the lid is bent up pretty bad. I tried replacing the o ring, pressurizing, etc.. no luck. Trying to return them right now

Was that all three or just one? Either way that is not good.

That was both kegs I got

They rank the condition by 3 different classes. I guess all 3 ranks should hold pressure but 3 is beat up and 1 is an almost new keg.

I would at least go for the class 2's the class 3's are too much of a risk. I know others have had good luck with them

Pictures don't do it justice
20180703_200121.jpeg
20180703_202801.jpeg

My LHBS does them for $65 refurbished. You can see what you are buying. I had one it was great. But I saw the prices at Beverage Elements, I knew it was too good to be true. So I will stick with my LHBS.

I would definitely trust a LHBS over an online company but like I said this is the worst grade they offer. After shipping and the price of the keg itself though Id rather go for $65 from the LHBS

Just got two class 3 kegs from them and on arrival they held pressure. I released the pressure, filled them with water and cleaner and it leaked a ton out of the lid. I looked and the sealing surface for the lid is bent up pretty bad. I tried replacing the o ring, pressurizing, etc.. no luck. Trying to return them right now
Might be obvious but your seating the lid using 30ish psi then lowering to desired psi?

I got 4 from there a year or two back. They work fine, just have a single handle. I actually had to use some marine epoxy glue to reattach a handle, because it was coming off. I believe one of them I have to start injecting with CO2 before sealing the lid to get a good seal on it, which hasn't been a big deal for me. The biggest annoyance has been that they only have 1 handle, I have to state kegs with 2 handles are easier to move around and flip upside down. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably have spent a little more to buy some 2 handle used kegs

For what its worth Chi Company has some decent deals on good used kegs: https://www.chicompany.net/beer-store/ball-pin-lock-kegs-parts/ball-lock-kegs/ball-lock-kegs-4-pack

In addition if you know someone or live in the Pittsburgh area this guy is selling B grade kegs for $25.00 local pickup: https://www.kegglebrewing.com/B-Grade-ball-lock-corny-keg_c_116.html

Back