Recommendations for Good Online Suppliers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightshift

Reaction score
I would like to buy my beer brewing equipment and supplies online and have it delivered. It looks like there are many out there to choose from. Would anyone care to make some recommendations of good companies to order from? What have your experiences been with any online suppliers you may have done business with in the past?

Any insight would be appreciated.

There are a lot of links and opinions here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/homebrew-supply-websites-701/

Personally, I use MoreBeer a lot, since they're close to me. Things get to me more quickly, which is good when I'm shipping yeast.

I also try to patronize the local homebrew stores around me whenever I can. Supporting the local guy is important. Otherwise, they may not be in business when you urgently need an ingredient on brew day.

Every one listed above is great. Personally, I like Austin Homebrew the best. I think Northern Brewer has a better variety of grains and hops but AHBS just seems easier to navigate, a bit cheaper and does really well combining grains into separate orders. But any of those above will work for sure!

I recommend Midwest for a newbie. They have a promotion where when you buy a beer kit they give you a 1 litre swing top bottle for only $1.50. I get one with every kit I buy and its a good way for a newbie to build up bottle collection.

I recommend Midwest for a newbie. They have a promotion where when you buy a beer kit they give you a 1 litre swing top bottle for only $1.50. I get one with every kit I buy and its a good way for a newbie to build up bottle collection.

you get one with every kit ordered if selected

:rockin:

I've enjoyed my experience with all online home brew stores I've used so far (AHS, Northern and Midwest). My favorite is AHS...but that is mainly because they happen to frequent this forum and offer up plenty of info when asked.

I usually order equipment from Northern Brewer. They have a paper catalog which is excellent, it's free, and they will ship it to you at your request. I usually order kits from Austin Homebrew Supply.

First-time poster here, just started checking out this forum the past week in anticipation of my first brew. Seems like an awesome place.

I just ordered from midwest via eBay on Xmas day, and they already shipped the very following day! Should get here in a week, can't wait! Pretty impressed with their speed & service thus far.

I am lucky enough to live in an area with really kick ass HBS only 30 minutes from home.

Larry's

I'm not so sure about their online service, but the walk in service is awesome.

I am lucky enough to live in an area with really kick ass HBS only 30 minutes from home.

Larry's

He's got some great prices on glass carboy's - too bad the shipping costs would kill it for me...

Just cracked my first brew on Sunday! I got the Irish Red Ale kit from MoreBeer.com and man I was pleased. Very solid tasting beer. I had a Sam Adams Irish Red in the fridge so I blind tasted it and they were close and mine is still kind of young. So yeah I recommend MoreBeer very much.

Larry's

I've been to larrys once now, and bob's by university village once.

Both have been incredibly helpful. I don't think I'll ever order online, home brew is one of those things where I want to support the local stores. Electronics, not so much.

I'm going to check out one of these two for my next batch, just want to make my rounds and figure out which I like more:
http://www.mountainhomebrew.com/
http://www.cellar-homebrew.com/

I am a very new homebrew store but I like to think I have a good selection of ingredients, and have had a lot of positive comments from other HBTers. If you make your own recipes the Brew Builder is an on line recipe application built into the store, so any recipe you build you can buy with 1 click. We even have recipe kits for all of EdWort's famous Bee Cave Brewery recipes.

I would love for you to give me a try.

Ed

I like Midwest too and right now the promotion is only a buck!

+1 on Brewmaster's Warehouse. Don't be nervous because he's new. I live in KY so shipping from GA is quick. Good supply. Good prices. BW will be getting the majority of my business from now on.

I am a very new homebrew store but I like to think I have a good selection of ingredients, and have had a lot of positive comments from other HBTers. If you make your own recipes the Brew Builder is an on line recipe application built into the store, so any recipe you build you can buy with 1 click. We even have recipe kits for all of EdWort's famous Bee Cave Brewery recipes.

I would love for you to give me a try.

Ed

I live all the way over in cali so I usually use morebeer.com. But I have been playing around on the Brewmasters Warehouse website and I have to say I am really impressed. Sure its pretty, but the recipe application built in, completely awesome. I will give this a try for my next batch.

I like Northern Brewer. They have pretty much everything I need and they have a flat rate shipping charge of $7.99 no matter how much you order.

Tom

I live all the way over in cali so I usually use morebeer.com. But I have been playing around on the Brewmasters Warehouse website and I have to say I am really impressed. Sure its pretty, but the recipe application built in, completely awesome. I will give this a try for my next batch.

Thank you for willing to give us a try. I will take good care of you when you do.

Ed

+1 on Brewmaster's Warehouse. Don't be nervous because he's new. I live in KY so shipping from GA is quick. Good supply. Good prices. BW will be getting the majority of my business from now on.

+2 for Ed.

Prompt shipping and response to e-mail questions. Also, he's only 2 shipping zones away, so the ingredients arrive 2 days after ordering.:mug:

I just called and talked to the guy at Brewmaster's Warehouse to see if they grind the grains. They do and the guy was really nice. My next order will be with them. There closer to RI then Austin Home Brew. Austin Home Brew is great too. Iv used them quite a bit.

Back