Recommendations for a Weldless Sight Glass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondra76

Reaction score
I need to put a sight glass on my kettle - I have a 20 gallon kettle

Are there any recommendations out there for sight glasses? Any specific companies or manufacturers I should look at?

Non-Recommendations are invited as well if you've had troubles with yours.

Just google it, plenty pop up. I can't remember where I bought mine for my old setup, I think it was Bargainfittings. They all do the same thing; however, my quick bit of google-fu brought up brewandgrow, their's looks like a much more elegant design than the others on the market and it comes with a metal protection tube for the sight glass all for a good price. If I were in the market I would go with that one personally.

I got mine from Brewers Hardware - Bobby M on here. Perfectly happy with them and Bobby is a big contributor to these forums.

+1 to brew hardware.

I have two from Bobby on my keggles, they have held up to some minor abuse and work great. Although I didn't do the weldless, just the sight glass with the 90* elbow.

Thanks - never used brew hardware but I will give them a shot.

I tried the etched kettle but it just didn't work for me. I'd rather have something clearer on the outside of the kettle. It's a great cheap solution but I'm ready to pony up some money for the sight glass and I want to do it right.

I have 3 sight glass kits with thermometers from brewhardware on my kegs, couldn't be happier and the transaction was awesome I would recommend them to anyone.

Latest posts

Back