Recommendations-FastFerment 3 Gallon Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackQueenBrews

Reaction score
I am looking at moving up from the Mr. Beer fermenter to a conical fermenter. I did some reading this weekend and while at some point, I would look into a metal conical, because of my newness to brewing, I am intrigued with the FastFerment system and wanted to see if anyone has any knowledge/recommendations about the system and ease of use for beginning small batch brewers.

Any assistance would be appreciated and Cheers!:mug:

The Fastfermenters are good . I've used mine like crazy . I like the ability to dump my trub without having to rack . I received a spigot from a member here @VTX1300 and it's made my close transfers easy peasy. It's a good solid fermenter for being plastic. I am experimenting with the collection ball atm. I am working on dry hopping with it by dumping the trub , cleaning it , placing my hops in it , flush it with co2 then connecting it back on then open it . The beer filling it forces hops up to the main part. The hole on the valve isnt huge so a large amount of hops might cause it to plug . That being said I'm on my way to getting a cf5 this year . Dont know what the 3 gallon one cost but the 7.9 is only about 100$. 20181010_155117.jpg

Thanks for the comments! The 3 gal is $49.99 and would work nicely for me at this point. I’m not at that stage yet but love your dry hopping idea and hope to read more about it!

It is good to see more options for small fermenters. I feel that 2 to 2.5 gals is a real sweet spot for easy brewing.

That fermenter looks interesting and the price is not too bad. I have seen the 3 gal BrewDemon Conical Fermenter out there in the same price range (though it does not have a valve at the bottom). I have a pair of 3 gal Fermonster fermenters and I am pretty happy with them for the price. If I were to splurge, I would probably get the 3 gal Speidel Plastic Fermenter due to the reputation that Speidel has. It is not a conical, but I don't see much need to dump yeast/drub (I harvest yeast through the spigot on my Fermonsters anyway).

Well i bought the 3gal fastfermenter and lots of problems.
Leakage, trub/yeast geting stuck on the Walls and so on.
If im you i would go for a fermentausarus with the pressure kit.
Sorry for bad English

I have 2 of the 3 gallon Speidels that @CascadesBrewer mentioned above. Morebeer sells em with the airlock and screw on top to use em as a proper fermenter for about the same price as the 3gal FF. Not conical, but they have been phenomenal to use. Easy to clean and solid as a rock. My only con is the included plastic spout which started to leak on both of mine within about 5-6 brews each. Not a lot, but any is too much. I've upgraded both to the metal spigot. I was in a similar position to OP in that I was planning to upgrade to stainless fermenters at some point but I really dont see the need now.

Back