Recommendation on 15 gallon SS brew kettle, HLT, and Mash tun.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrisnothing

Reaction score
I tried to buy three Blichmann tanks from Midwest Supplies, but my order was canceled, as Blichmann is out of stock and everyone, it seems drop ships them. My LHBS stopped carrying Blichmann.

Stout does not have the tanks I want in stock. I'm looking for 15 gallon tanks with sight glasses.

Any recommendations? The 3 Blichmann tanks were going to be ~$1,300 with shipping. I'm looking to spend something <= to that, and get something of comparable quality. A HLT that comes with a SS HERMS coil, like stout carries, but does not have in stock, would be nice.

I have 30 gallon tanks from stout. Sight glasses on the HLT and BK. Herms coil in HLT and 1.5" heating element TC ports in the HLT and BK. They came with a ton of triclamp hardware. That is very expensive stuff. Overall the kettles are nice and work but they are still chinese. There are flaws in some of the welds and blemishes here and there. Not nearly the same quality as the brewhemoth fermenter that just showed up today.

I would take a look over at glacier tanks and see if they have something in stock that will work. For a HERMS coil you could buy something from Stainless Brewing. Zach makes some great stuff and it will be custom made based on what you want.

Latest posts

Back