Recipe Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miller4

Reaction score
I don't normally ask for advice on recipes as I usually research a while and or use a standby. However I haven't brewed in about a year and my wife bought me some ingredients for my birthday.
Here is what she randomly got me,
-40lb Viking pale 2row
-2lb Munich
-3lb carapils
-1lb 50l crystal
-1lb german munich

-2lbs cascade pellets
I also have in the freezer hops that are about 1 year old
-8oz citra
-8oz amarillo
-2oz simcoe
-2oz warrior

I can do 10 gal batches. I'd be happy to entertain any advice or reccomendations.

My first thought was

10gal batch
16lb 2row
1lb munich
1 lb crystal 10l

.5oz warrior 60 min
2oz cascade 15 min
2oz cascade flameout
2 oz cascade dry hop

Did she get you any yeast?

I've never used S-23, but with US-05 and your other ingredients, I'd say there are lots of APA/IPA possibilities. Looks like you have a good start in your original post, for a low-ish gravity wort, depending on your mash efficiency. What did you have in mind?

Looks like a nice pale, I'd go with the US-05...

Cheers!

[edit] Upon further consideration, at an OG around 50 points, unless we are looking for a really light bite I'd also bump the warrior to a full ounce to bring the IBUs up from around 30 to around 50...

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick input, I was really just spitballing for the first recipe. I’ll go get my brew notebook and look through some old recipes to get the numbers dialed in.

Back