Recipe Suggestion: Calypso, Mosaic, Simcoe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazman

Reaction score
Ok, I need to get a batch going. I'm looking for suggestions for a recipe for a good summer beer. I picked up Calypso and Mosaic to try a little while back. I've also got some Simcoe and an experimental variety that's like Amarillo (EXP1210).

I've got a nut brown and Citra/Amarillo IPA on tap right now and another 5gal of the IPA in the pipeline. I'm not opposed to another PA/IPA since that's what these hops are more geared toward. But, I'm open to any suggestions.

So, what would you brew?

Jaz

never used Calypso, but i have a simcoe/citra/mosaic pale on now. i'd bitter with simcoe, use both simcoe and calypso late in the boil and whirlpool with mosaic...and probably dry hop with more mosaic.

American Stout.

A friend made one that was Simco/Amarillo/various other C's and it was fantastic. I made a IIPA with Mosaic and Simco and it was outstanding, I could see using that combination again in an outside the box way.

I've used calypso a few times and I like them. They give a pretty clean bitter and have a sweet-ish apple/pear up front type flavor

Back