Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrider736

Reaction score
Looking for help with my next brew.. Not experienced enough to know or create my own recipe.
Yes I have BeerSmith but can't say I know my way around it that well...

Looking for a "Fall or Winter Ale". I only have a few BIAB brews under my belt to this point.

What I have in my beer fridge;

Malt:
Can 2-Row
Maris Otter

Hops:
Amarillo
Chinook
Citra
Hallertau
US Cascade
Simco
Sazz
Willamette

Yst
US-05 Ale (Dry)

I only brew 1g, BIAG, No Sparge brews if that matters ?

Not sure I completely understand your malt situation. If I am correct and you have a can of lme marris otter. And you are looking for a fall/autumn style beer. I think I would go with 1/4 hallertau for bittering and let that be it. That should give you a fairly malt forward beer. If you could get a specialty grain to steep. I would recommend geting maybe 4oz of crystal 40 to go with it, that should give you slight hints of caramel and a nice amber color.

Not sure I completely understand your malt situation. If I am correct and you have a can of lme marris otter. And you are looking for a fall/autumn style beer. I think I would go with 1/4 hallertau for bittering and let that be it. That should give you a fairly malt forward beer. If you could get a specialty grain to steep. I would recommend geting maybe 4oz of crystal 40 to go with it, that should give you slight hints of caramel and a nice amber color.

I think he means that he has Canadian 2-row.

Back