Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gvitag

Reaction score
Good evening. New guy here, been lurking and learning before I took the jump. Waiting on Fed-Ex to deliver my system. Haven't brewed for 15 years but and jumping back in. Putting my ducks in a row for my first brew day and beyond. Decided to brew the Centennial Ale recipe on this site for my first batch. Second will be a Corona clone since that is my brides favorite, gotta get her on board with the latest obsession. My latest favorite brew that is only in limited supply in my local market is Yards Brewery Cape of Good Hope. Well I found a recipe and cant wait to try and duplicate the great taste. https://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/yards-cape-of-good-hope-clone

My question is the dry hops schedule. When do I add the Amarillo? And do I add the Chinook at the same time? Or do I add the Chinook 14 days after the Amarillo? Am I missing something in the recipe or just not comprehending?

Thanks guys.

Welcome back to the hobby! Looks like you add the Chinook and Amarillo at the same time and let it dry hop for 14 days.

Welcome back to the hobby! Looks like you add the Chinook and Amarillo at the same time and let it dry hop for 14 days.

Thank you. I assumed together, but wasn't sure. When would they be added? Flameout or secondary?

The directions in the recipe are slightly confusing. It says the 3oz Amarillo at 5 min and then in the notes it says at flame out / whirlpool.
Either way will work.

As far as dry hopping schedule, I would give it a week or two in primary and then about 2 weeks before bottling or kegging I would add the 2oz of dry hops.

Latest posts

Back