Recipe Help! Thanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhazel

Reaction score
Im excited to do the following recipe, which according to the brewer is meant to produce 4.25 gallons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Grains
4.00 lbs. 2-Row Pale Malt
1.75 lb. Wheat Malt
1.00 lb. Flaked Wheat
1.00 lb. 6-Row Pale Malt
6.00 oz. Crystal 40L
2.30 oz. Crystal 60L
1.75 oz. Special B

Hops
.50 oz. Amarillo, 8.7%, whole, bittering
.25 oz. Cascade, 7.6%, whole, bittering
.30 oz. Amarillo, 8.7%, whole, 5min-aroma

Fruit
4.00 lbs. Fresh Blueberries, hand squeezed, in wort at 140*F
4.00 lbs. Fresh Blueberries, hand squeezed, in 2nd half of primary

Yeast
Wyeast American Ale, large yeast cake from previous batch

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you guys help me convert this ALL GRAIN into a 5 gallon MINI-MASH recipe? Also I would like an alcohol content of 5.5+ if possible.

Would adding dextrose throw off the flavor, if not, how much would be advisable to boost the ABV?

Thanks in advance!

If you bump everything up by 20% you ought to be able to do the flaked wheat the six row and the specialty grains in a 5 gallon mash tun. Wheat and pale DME are fairly easy to find.

I would go with 2.0# of wheat DME and 5-6# of pale LME.

The blueberries are gonna ferment out pretty far I have read, I have never used them and wouldn't care to guess at the potential alcohol in those.

You do want the 6 row in there with the other grains. If you can fit a little bit more in your tun, start in on fitting the about 2# of malted wheat you would need and back down on the wheatME.

M2c,
P

Latest posts

Back