Recipe for someone who CANNOT taste.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SWMBO does not have ANY sense of taste or smell. She enjoys beer based on mouthfeel alone. Of course the preference is that of Bud Light, PBR, IceHouse and the like. We just bought a house so I have space to start brewing again. She's really interested in brewing and wants to make her own beer. I'm competent at brewing, just not advanced enough to come up with recipes on my own.

I was thinking of just using light DME and the cheapest yeast to hit 4-5% ABV. What I don't know is if the lagering process and the adjunct ingredients contribute that much to the mouthfeel.

I know this is an odd post, but I think it may help others in having a better understanding of mouthfeel as well.

Some yeast strains also create a silky mouthfeel. I'd shoot for something highly carbed and take consideration with your yeast selection. A saison with WY3711 sounds pretty perfect. The grain bill can be as easy as 100% light DME and itll still taste great to you.

use some maltodextrin or something for the mouthfeel too if you like

Latest posts

Back