REALLY newbie from NJ.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikesalvo

Reaction score
hey there,

Mike here from bergen county, NJ. Looking to start brewing, and dont even own any gear yet. Hoping to get started with the help of this board. Can someone please direct me to extremely beginner steps/equipment suggestions??? Looking to get started ASAP. Also, would like to find a local (Bergen County, NJ or Rockland County, NY) brewing supply store.

thanks!
~Mike

Welcome. I can't tell you about homebrew supply stores up in your neck of the woods, I'm afraid. But you're not alone from NJ, so I'm sure someone will chime in.

For info on beginner equipment, check out the Beginners Beer Brewing forum and the equipment forum on this site. That's where you'll find the most information to get you started.

I know that you put this post up a few months ago, but Corrado's in Clifton isn't bad to grab your beginner stuff, in terms of equipment and ingredients. As time passes and you move on to all grain, you will find that they run out of things quite a bit. I usually use williams brew supply or mid-west brew supply-- both online.

You'll also find that they give...dubious advice on brewing. Unless the owner is there, you won't find much in the way of brewing experience.

It's pretty far out of my way anyway, so I order most of my stuff online. I'm up in Lake Hopatcong.

-Joe

Back