Reading Recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadshomebrewing

Reaction score
I travel a lot, and that means spending lots of time in airports, and on airplanes.

Looking for a good, to very good, "hard copy" magazine that i can subscribe to, and stick in my brief case for carrying around, that isn't full of itself.

I'm sure most have recipes, and such.

Anything where they could, perhaps, at least acknowledge small batch brewing would be good, too.

also, it's time for the annual Christmas List.

:)

TIA

As an alternative idea, an ereader and a solid selection of homebrew books would give you almost a whole library of time-filling content in your pocket.

zymurgy mag is awesome," the complete joy of home brewing" is a good read," the brewmasters bible" is an even better read it really depends on what you want to learnabout, tons of really good books devoted to styles.

As an alternative idea, an ereader and a solid selection of homebrew books would give you almost a whole library of time-filling content in your pocket.

thanks... i have an ipad (and all my books are on it), but the ipad apps, and e-reader versions of most magazines are sub-optimal.

and (mostly) there are lots of times when i can't use the ipad, but i could read a hard copy mag.

For magazines, there are really 2 that cater exclusively to homebrewers; Zymurgy, and Brew Your Own.

To be honest, although they are rich in information and have recipes and other interesting articles, I would recommend a good book, How to Brew, or Complete Joy of Homebrewing, Brewing for Dummies, etc.

If you are sure you want a magazine, both Z and BYO are comparable IMO.

With a book you get more than 1 month's worth of recipes and articles. The books will go into more detail and would also be a handy reference for when you are actually brewing. I personally like How to Brew, although you can't go wrong with Papazian's Complete Joy, and Brewing for Dummies is actually a very good homebrewing book. Don't let the name fool you. It's underrated IMO.

I don't have any experience with the BYO digital version, but join the Homebrew Association for $38 and get a subscription to BYO for $28 and you'll have the two main magazines delivered to your door.

Back