Read article, give your thoughts.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT's AZ Ale Haus

Reaction score
I guess I offended some of you sensitive types with my initial post, but if you care to venture from your "safe space" please read the article and offer up your opinion.

P.S. This NOT a political rant, it is a BEER related link.

VinePair: Hop Take: We Need to Talk About Beer Diversity Differently.
https://vinepair.com/articles/hop-take-beer-diversity/

Last edited:
You're being a bully and it needs to stop!

Invite some people of color over, along with some of the transgender locals and some illegal immigrants. Serve up some of your homebrew and you will feel better about your overly masculine self!

Hey guys and gals, you can debate beery stuff all you want in general forums here, but not PC culture, racism, etc. Please avoid all of that. If the thread continues with those provocative subjects, I will have to move this thread to the debate forum. Only supporting members have access to that forum.

[edit] I just looked at that link. Not sure how this thread can survive here, but I guess we'll just see. Hope you all understand, we try not to mix politics with beer topics. So, please just keep the emotions in check.

I must have missed the "racism".
It's reversed in the article.

I never knew about Pink Boots
The Pink Boots Society was created to assist, inspire and encourage women beer industry professionals to advance their careers through education.

I thought it interesting a group like that exist, the more people enjoying beer the better I say

Are you offended about the original blog post about diversity, or the reaction of HopTakes being offended by the craft brewing industry being described as ‘Young White Dudes With Beards.’? The outrage and exclamation points make it seem like sarcasm, but you can't tell in this era where both ends of the spectrum erupt over nonsense.

Are you offended about the original blog post about diversity, or the reaction of HopTakes being offended by the craft brewing industry being described as ‘Young White Dudes With Beards.’? The outrage and exclamation points make it seem like sarcasm, but you can't tell in this era where both ends of the spectrum erupt over nonsense.
Here's my two cents.

It's beer man.
Drink it or don't drink it,
Brew it or don't Brew it I don't care.
I enjoy beer, I enjoy drinking beer I love brewing beer. I love the community of Brewers I've never felt intimidated, I've felt welcomed. I don't care about your sex, color or gender, it doesn't matter to me.
But the notion that we NEED to go out and hand hold and coddle people because of their insecurities and their perception of overert intimidation by the white bearded dude, is ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back