Re-Entry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBussy

A Cunning Linguist
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings all. I've been lurking for a little bit and decided to introduce myself.

I started homebrewing back in '91 and was active on a lot of the different listservs and such. I was a member of Rapscallions in Wichita and then was a startup member in the Derby Brewclub (also in the Wichita area). I think I organized the first two, maybe it was three, homebrew competitions in Wichita. I see names here I recognize from all of those endeavors.

Along the way I became a judge and met some very nice people. My "best beer ever" was a 20+ year old Sam Smith old ale shared by a couple who hosted me for a competition weekend. I wish I remembered their names, I certainly remember their beer. I recall they kept Huskys and I thought I was still delirious when I woke up ion the morning to see the wife rolling out of the driveway on some sort of carriage pulled by a dog.

I moved from Wichita to Kansas City and my "collection" was left with my best friend. I lost a bunch due to divorce, he lost what was left due to divorce, we never really got going again. He's recently moved here to Kansas City and the house is now once again filled with the sound of chugging airlocks.

I look forward to reconnecting with old acquaintances and most of all sharing a beer with friends. It's nice to be here.

Back