Re-circulation Fitting Through Lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBaron1985

The Beer Baron
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was going to use the aerator below, but I'd like to see some ideas of already existing methods of how this was done. Pictures??

I'm building a 5 gal small batch 120V electric setup, specifically for extract/partial grain brewing. I have an existing 30 quart pot, and plan to use a mesh bag to hold my grain and recirculate. I normally boil 3-4 gallons, and while I can do a full 5 gal batch boils, it gets dicey with higher gravity beers. I got a cheap steamer rack to keep the bag off the element when mashing.

My plan was to use a 1/2" stainless 90 deg F/F with a quick disconnect on one side, and a 1/2" NPT to 3/8" barb with some tubing to the aerator. Do I need any other hardware?

I toyed with the idea of a spiral nozzle, or something fancy like that to get a good spray pattern to not disturb the grain bed, but I realized no need to get super complicated or fancy.

31pt0Tg%2BLCL._SX425_.jpg

Latest posts

Back