RDWHAHB w/ guessing game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In one picture it looks like fairly normal krausen, the second one hints of an infection, looks remarkably like a pellicle beginning to form (maybe, but that's what I'm seeing)

Pellicle - Home Brewing Wiki

It's actually still a healthy beer it just looks horrid, especially since fermentation is still going on and it oozes like bubbling lava.

I'll see what if I can get a better picture of it. I know what's going on since I did it myself. I'm just surprised about how it turned out.

the second one will be vinegar if it's aerated...
I'm fairly certain of this....

Well here's what it really is.

I forgot the add the Irish Moss so I got some Gelatin to clear up the beer. Racked to the secondary,and a couple days later I boiled up some water dissolved the Gelatin, let it cool and added it.

The fermenting was still going and a couple hours later the thin layer of gelatin had absorbed some liquid and blown up like some kind of horrible balloon.

Cool pic, I love stuff like that. Guess I was wrong, I should have figured since you didn't seem too concerned.

Back