Raspberry Pale Ale??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fink100

Reaction score
So, my fiancee and I were thinking about adding raspberries to a favorite Pale Ale recipe of ours to see how it turned out. We are a little nervous however, A. Because we have never done a fruit beer.
B. Because we have never tasted a Raspberry Pale ale.
We are worried that it may turn out a little too hoppy, or the raspberries may get overpowered, especially since our recipe calls for hops added at four different times.

If anyone has ever done something like this or has some advice, please let me know...
Thanks
Josh

Get a gallon jug and experiment with part of your next batch. Put a cup of raspberries in the jug, add about 3 quarts of ale and an airlock.

Some hops would work better than others. Personally, I would stick to fruity, earthy, and spicy hops, avoiding the citrus hops.

Get a gallon jug and experiment with part of your next batch. Put a cup of raspberries in the jug, add about 3 quarts of ale and an airlock.

Some hops would work better than others. Personally, I would stick to fruity, earthy, and spicy hops, avoiding the citrus hops.

That's quality advice right there.

I agree. :)
Welcome :mug:

Back