Raspberry hale when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alto

Reaction score
Ok i have made a raspberry ale, the raspberry were frozen (BIO) i added them after 6 days when the big activity was done. They have been fermenting for 2 weeks now, the gravity is at 1004 (the recipe called for 1011) there is still some activity (bubbling) not a lot but like 4 to 5 per hour i am guessing that the yeast are not done eating the fruits. should i rack it now or give it another week? there is still a good layer of foam.

it's an 8 gal batch with 6.5 pounds of raspberry.

Thanks in advance :)

What is "(BIO)"?

Base fermentation on gravity change over time. Not indication of bubbles. If gravity has not dropped then the solution is simply off gassing.

What is "(BIO)"?

Base fermentation on gravity change over time. Not indication of bubbles. If gravity has not dropped then the solution is simply off gassing.
Biologic all natural no chemical/or pesticide were used to make them grow faster.

I was asking because the recipe calls for 3 weeks with the fruits and i was wondering since they were hole raspberry that maybe the yeast was still working on the fruits it's another kind of sugar (not sowing on gravity?)

Back