Raspberry Brown Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antony

Reaction score
Hey gang, I'm curious if anyone has a good Raspberry Brown recipe, similar to New Belgium's Frambozen. I've tried AHS before but was looking for another. Any input would be great. I know how to use the internet, just looking for first hand accounts/experiences.

Thanks in advance.

I have brewed Eschatz's Requiem Raspberry (second one on Double_D's list). It is excellent if you are looking for a very very fruit forward beer. I have not had New Belgium' Frambozen so I can't compare. It remind me of Founder's Rubaeus if you have had that.

I have made aih's raspberry plunder, not a brown but an ale.

I used 1 dram of loran Raspberry oil, for the 5 gallon batch, and you can taste it, but it's in no way overpowering.

I have something close in a keg right now. I copied one of Morebeer's brown ale kits and added a bottle of blackberry flavoring extract at kegging and it tastes great.

I miss Frambozen :(

I would follow a normal brown ale recipe and then add in around 1lb of raspberries per gallon of beer into the secondary.

Back