Rants Gripes and Mutterings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snafu

Reaction score
Nope, I didn't break yet another hydrometer, didn't drop another carboy, I didn't even find another nest of ants had moved into my keggle, nor did that bird drop poop in my mash tun (yes, it's happened), this time it was my pump box, that wonderful DIY project that keeps my pumps neatly together and protected from splashes. Brew day this past weekend it was nice an breezy so I brewed outside on the back deck, did a nice citrus wheat for SHMBO. Hit my numbers and all was going smoothly. Got everything cleaned and was putting it all back in the brew haus. One of the last things I usually put away is my pump box as I like to wipe it down, PBW the housing and open up the box to let the pumps cool down. After I did all that, I pick up the ole' box by the handle and was carrying it back in when the handle just snapped off, dropping the pump box to the ground and shearing off one of the pump housings right where the threads are. ^%$#!!! Typical big box store Chinese made crap, why can't we have quality made products anymore?

I contacted a few local March dealers to see about getting a replacement housing, apparently these people either don't understand what I'm talking about or everyone's out to stiff me, both quoted my replacements parts costing about 150 bucks, I explained that online these parts go for between 25 and 35 bucks, are you sure your putting the decimal point in the right place? Anyhoo, got a replacement ordered off ebay for 25 bucks and 5 dollar flat rate shipping, should be here today. I always try to buy local, even if it costs a little more to support small local business, but not if they are going to tack on an extra 100 bucks.
Thanks, rant complete. All is well.

2012-04-03_18-11-25_866.jpg

Back