Random welds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw...not the haggard looking weld. The top two are the replacements for the non-sanitary welds that were made.

I have my kettles packed in my truck. I'll be in Cali this weekend...I'll bring the beer.

All kidding aside can you post your equipment and process? I've soldered my kettles but have been itching to try my hand at welding them.

Miller max star 150 stl w/ a duel regulator for back purging. A perfect fit up is key for a good fusion weld. I like to place my fitting on the keg wall, not set in at all. I get a way more consistent weld this way, with far less room for error.

Miller max star 150 stl w/ a duel regulator for back purging. A perfect fit up is key for a good fusion weld. I like to place my fitting on the keg wall, not set in at all. I get a way more consistent weld this way, with far less room for error.

Nice!......

I just received this today.. :) No time to hook it up and play with it till the week end though.
You can barely see some miller blue in the back ground on the left. Its my old 320 A/BP..Smooth as silk to weld with, but you definitely have to bring the work to it and not vice versa at almost #800 pounds!

I know there's lots of controversy regarding Everlast, but I had to give their combo unit a go for the money, as I needed a plasma and wanted a more portable machine. My only hesitation was it only goes down to 20 amps in AC. But I have the Miller if I need <20 amps for anything. And anything that does is usually easy to carry to a machine, unless its an Airplane.

DSCF9114.jpg

Teaching the next generation....Had one of my daughters welding on one of the dump trucks yesterday.

DSCF9155.jpg

Back