Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Means you've not been brewing with enough frequency, @corkybstewart , or you're only brewing with Kveik yeasts and don't need to chill?
It froze a couple of winters ago and has an internal crack so I've gone back to my old immersion chiller. With the current price of copper I plan on trading it in for a new pickup next year.

IMGP4126.JPG

From this angle it is hard to tell but are those the same ones with the pompadours?
So many wander around here it's hard to know. One doe has a notched ear, we see her fairly often. But they are wild, not comfortable around humans because we are almost the only humans out here. Our subdivision only has 7 people in 4 houses, the others are a half mile from us. Friends in town have yard deer, but not us.

So many wander around here it's hard to know. One doe has a notched ear, we see her fairly often. But they are wild, not comfortable around humans because we are almost the only humans out here. Our subdivision only has 7 people in 4 houses, the others are a half mile from us. Friends in town have yard deer, but not us.
You posted a pic deer a while back and they had a big tuff of longer hair on their heads, might be normal but it looked unusual.

Bike ride. Along a trail whose name is well suited for me, the Hop River Trail. Lovely rail trail with ancient cutouts carved right through rock walls either side, some nice “water features” and those heavenly Tot-Chos at a place on the way back.

Attachments

• B04B57ED-8841-453C-8CF4-256DB1E0B77E.jpeg
    B04B57ED-8841-453C-8CF4-256DB1E0B77E.jpeg
    958.8 KB · Views: 0
Bike ride. Along a trail whose name is well suited for me, the Hop River Trail. Lovely rail trail with ancient cutouts carved right through rock walls either side, some nice “water features” and those heavenly Tot-Chos at a place on the way back.
Looks beautiful. I sometimes forget what it's like to see streams, rivers, and lakes.

Them gosh-darn, good for nothing tick bearing Varmints. (I've picked 3 embedded deer ticks off myself in the past 2 days, plus two crawlers). Just saw a notice in the paper- They are going to start a Lyme vaccine trial in Maine the next couple months. Sign Me Up!
In over 3 years here I have not seen a tick, and I spend hours outdoors almost every day. Maybe because the deer don't hang out here, they just pass through.

Airplane in the back yard.
02537508-F259-4DA9-89D1-788F68DB43F8.jpeg

Our 7 YO grandson is staying with us until next week. One of our neighbors has a flying service and owns an ever changing number of airplanes. He came over this morning to pickup our grandson for the day (we have a 60 X 2800 ft airstrip at our place). The neighbor is a high school classmate of our daughter and SIL, and the SIL is an aircraft mechanic who has worked on a lot of projects with the neighbor.

The pilot flies SEAT (Single Engine Air Tanker) aircraft during fire season and has spent a couple of summers in AK flying folks into the backcountry. He’s a pretty accomplished off airport flyer. He’s also an aerial applicator and, more recently, has gotten into flying helicopters. He started flying at 16 and, 27 years later, has over 7000 hours, most of it at <100 AGL.

If anyone wants to see what real, hard core, STOL flying looks like, Google “Valdez STOL contest”.

I've watched a ton of those competition videos, super impressive.
The example ~8 minutes in is what I would expect of the truly competitive...

Cheers!

If the wind speed > stall speed, just turn into the wind and drop it down in front of the hangar. ;)

If anyone wants to see what real, hard core, STOL flying looks like, Google “Valdez STOL contest”.
Exactly what I was referring to. Some of those landings/hovers are incredible! I'm waiting for someone with a hanger with doors at both ends to back one in.

For a trip down a very deep, aeronautical, rabbit hole, visit any of the various aviation message boards and look for a thread asking “Can an airplane take off from a treadmill?”. There are a lot of folks who can successfully manipulate the controls of an airplane without really grasping the physics of flight…

I wonder if the hypocrisy is lost on the stupid hippie with the "Coexist" bumper sticker when he tailgates the person in front of him so I can't merge in from the on-ramp?
I knew a guy who complained that when he'd drive around in his VW bug, people smiled and treated him so nicely compared to when he drove around in his BMW SUV.

I drove with him a few times. He was a jerk no matter what car he was driving.

Full disclosure: I have coexist sticker magnet.
I also was taught by my mamma to wait my turn in all things. It drives my BIL absolutely, head-explodingly bonkers to ride in the car with me.

Yes. Sometimes I over exaggerate driving "nice" when he's with me. The entertainment value of his head exploding is priceless.

I've gained a lot more patience in my dotage (kids... off the lawn, please)

that & a dashcam

another Pointless Grog PSA™: get a dashcam. can find a decent model for a decent price & even the most expensive ones will pay for itself if you ever need to prove you were not at fault in an accident

I've gained a lot more patience in my dotage (kids... off the lawn, please)

that & a dashcam

another Pointless Grog PSA™: get a dashcam. can find a decent model for a decent price & even the most expensive ones will pay for itself if you ever need to prove you were not at fault in an accident
There must be so much disappointment when people review the footage and find out just how bad their own driving is.

There must be so much disappointment when people review the footage and find out just how bad their own driving is.
better; when they submit their video to a YT dash cam compilation channel & get raked over their own idiocy by commenters.

also noticed people listen to the crappiest music

I review my footage & am more amazed by how much I curse using not actual curse words

"FIRKIN" is one of my favorites, but I've been heard yelling "FRACKING!" "FORKING" & "FRICKING" a time or two

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back