Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What could **POSSIBLY** go wrong here, amirite?

1648159438199.png

wikipedia

The leaning water tower, found east of Groom along I-40 (old U.S. Route 66)
The Leaning Tower of Britten is a leaning water tower which serves as a roadside attraction and decorative item along historic U.S. Route 66 in Groom, Texas. Sometimes called the Leaning Tower of Texas, the tower was originally a functioning water tower which was slated for demolition until Ralph Britten purchased and moved it to serve as an advertisement for his truck stop and tourist information center. The now boarded truck stop can still be seen, set back off the road behind the tower. Falling into disrepair after a fire, the truck stop has not been in use for several decades.[1][2][3][4]

Deliberately leaning at a roughly 10 degree angle, the tower is a popular tourist destination. There is a small gravel road on the site for parking and taking pictures.[citation needed] During the Christmas season, the city of Groom places a large multicolored star on top of the tower.[5] Images of the water tower are common in Route 66 photography books.

Our dishwasher had appearantly started leaking where it is connected to the water inlet, so I had to do some emergency demolition in the basement. The dishwasher stands against the wall on the upper floor, right above where the wood panel is removed.
No worries though, since it was gonna go anyway, wood on walls in a basement is just plain dumb.
Oh, and that will become my brewery in a hopefully not too distant future after we get rid off the pellet burner and install a ground heat unit.

Attachments

• IMG_20220326_172248.jpg
    IMG_20220326_172248.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20220326_172222.jpg
    IMG_20220326_172222.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
My extreme sympathies.
Plumbing and I do not get along. Things break, don't fit, tear up my hands.
And it still leaks.
It didn't seem to have been going on for too long, and I removed the woodwork that was worst affected by moisture, opened everything up and rolled in an air de-humidifier so it will dry out properly.
Just glad that I noticed in time and that I am a proffesional carpenter who doesn't panic when stuff like this happens...

Somebody, somewhere, needs to update their COBOL to accept today's hipster numbers. Not that it applies to me of course, but ?

Also, this kinda makes me feel really old. When did it become necessary to owe more than 100 million?!!
(from the IRS)
View attachment 764208

Now now, we all know that if you have the potential for a tax bill that large, you are probably actually paying less tax than a middle class family. :rolleyes:

Back