Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking hand held horns and mace. 99.9999% of the kids are fine but we should shoot for 100%. More then anything, your post came out right at the same time that article did.

My wife doesn't understand why I go out to watch our 11yr granddaughter get off the bus at the circle. Only takes once to regret NOT doing it.

And now I regret letting my girls walk up the lane without me being home. I hate bad people.

Predawn, Bocas del Toro, Panama, South Anchorage.

10" exposure, ISO 100, 16mm lens.
DSC05468.JPG

Yeah, but what the hell is the braking system...oh, you answered that in your last post...pedestrian-based momentum transfer braking system.
Cant help but picture cartoon/Tom & Jerry like images of people impressions in the trail.

edit: that thing has to make a lot of noise rolling down road.

Last edited:
Yeah, but what the hell is the braking system...oh, you answered that in your last post...pedestrian-based momentum transfer braking system.
Im guessing that coming to a stop is not a big problem on that thing...getting it moving may be another story!

Yes, left the USA in 2004, Wildcat 35 (S African catamaran), now in Panama.

View attachment 663164
Trying to remember significant events of 2004...
Last episode of Friends
Launch of Facebook
Formation of InBev
That Packers playoff loss to the Eagles

A few things that ticked me off, but not enough to leave over. What was the straw that broke the camels back?
3-1257235324-the-straw-that-almost-broke-the-camel-s-back.jpg

And you are a sailor too?
Yes, I have a friend who him and his wife were part time cruisers on their Beneteau 456. So couple three times he would put together a crew to deliver his boat with him so the wife would not have endure a week of open ocean. I have sailed from Ft Lauderdale to Bermuda, several times up to Maryland and back to Florida, a hand full of times over to the Bahamas and two trips from Antigua to Grenada. Going down on a charter boat with him and some guys for a week of sailing out of La Paz Mexico in May.
Here are a couple videos of some of the trips, sorry for the hokey music ;)

Last edited:
Trying to remember significant events of 2004...
Last episode of Friends
Launch of Facebook
Formation of InBev
That Packers playoff loss to the Eagles

A few things that ticked me off, but not enough to leave over. What was the straw that broke the camels back?
3-1257235324-the-straw-that-almost-broke-the-camel-s-back.jpg
Dont watch TV
Dont have a FB account
Dont watch sports
InBev maybe?

[emoji6]

Actually, it was a cold front in Florida. My wife discovered ice in the bird bath the next morning and said "We have to move further south!"...I jumped on it! I think she was joking, but she went along with it. Next thing she knew we were making landfall in Belize.

It wasnt about leaving the USA, just part of the plan to go cruising. Although these days I cant say I regret not being there...geez.

Yes, I have a friend who him and his wife were part time cruisers on their Beneteau 456. So couple three times he would put together a crew to deliver his boat with him so the wife would not have endure a week of open ocean. I have sailed from Ft Lauderdale to Bermuda, several times up to Maryland and back to Florida, a hand full of times over to the Bahamas and two trips from Antigua to Grenada. Going down on a charter boat with him and some guys for a week of sailing out of La Paz Mexico in May.
Here are a couple videos of some of the trips, sorry for the hokey music ;)

Cool, the best kind of boat is one owned by a friend!!!

Im here in Bocas busting my hump to get ours ready for cruising season...a few weeks in Bocas then back to the San Blas islands this year...a unique place, the semi-autonamous territory of the Kuna Indians, only Kuna may live there...no foreign residents, no non-Kuna businesses, they are almost unique among indigenous in that they have maintained their culture and their territory.

I was recently in Bermuda, crewing for a friend on a NYC-Bermuda-Azores run. First time in Azores...yet another awesome place!

Pic: Horta, Isla Faial, Azroes...where we made landfall.
Horta%2020190611_173628.jpg

Last edited:

Im here in Bocas busting my hump to get ours ready for cruising season...a few weeks in Bocas then back to the San Blas islands this year...a unique place, the semi-autonamous territory of the Kuna Indians, only Kuna may live there...no foreign residents, no non-Kuna businesses, they are almost unique among indigenous in that they have maintained their culture and their territory.

I was recently in Bermuda, crewing for a friend on a NYC-Bermuda-Azores run. First time in Azores...yet another awesome place!

Pic: Horta, Isla Faial, Azroes...where we made landfall.View attachment 663171

Doing a Transatlantic is bucket list item for me.

Doing a Transatlantic is bucket list item for me.
Now that Im getting older, there are several longer crossings I want to do before I get too damn old. Ive got a pro sailing background (charter captain, sailing instructor) and loads of sailing friends so I get lots of invites to sail...too many...I had to turn down 2 Atlantic and one Pacific crossing this past year. I wanted to do them all, but just not enough time. I will probably tick off a Pacific crossing next year...Ive got 3 friends (3 separate boats) likely to cross next year...one is bound to fit my schedule.

And a pic, this is a pic thread afterall...sailing on a traditional Belizean fishing vessel near Caye Caulker, Belize.
BZ%20Smack%20IMG_1452.JPG

Last edited:

Pic: Horta, Isla Faial, Azroes...where we made landfall.View attachment 663171
If you look closely in that pic you can find "Hodor"....a 66 meter power catamaran...to my knowledge its the largest power cat on the planet.

https://themarinenews.com/new-66m-support-vessel-hodor-for-87m-feadship-lonian/

...and its just the toy box for the mothership "Ionian".

[emoji849]

Hell, it could’ve been Allen’s. It’s been over 20 years and my memory (aka my late wife) has been gone twelve so who knows. We spent time anchored at Allen’s Cay and it was a dinghy ride to this beach.

The wife and I have been doing two weeks around Easter on the longer Bahamas Out Islands (aka Family Islands) for the last couple of decades, always renting private villas. Eleuthera, Cat Island, Long Island, Exuma, we love them all, and have established connections and relationships that make the experience wonderful. Last year was Eleuthera, this year will be Cat.

One of my favorite beer-related pics, taken from our deck at Tenbay Beach on the Caribbean side of mid-Eleuthera...

Islandpirateale.jpg

I'm pretty sure that bottle was fairly oxidized but I didn't care :)

Cheers!

Back