Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, we got an unexpectedly nice day today here...

trees_before_29_sm.jpg

I am so screwed with maple and oak leaves right now :drunk:

Cheers!

so many "clues" to "Paul is Dead" on that cover

John, in the lead, dressed in white = God
Ringo, in a suit = Preacher
Paul, barefoot & out-of-step with the others, cigarette in his right hand when he's left-handed
George, last, dressed in work clothes = gravedigger

A little homage to the beginning of my obsession......

here's mine: read this article while on my last cruise, July of '93 and just thought brewing beer would be the coolest thing in the world (still do). heard stories about my great grandma brewing beer during Prohibition and my uncles did it a few times when it first became legal. their beer was not the first beer I ever had, but was the first I ever got drunk on

got out of the Navy in November and was brewing my first batches by January.

details magazine april 93_1_0001.jpg

details magazine april 93_2_0001.jpg

I started reading the article on the left and thought it was from a Penthouse forum.

What is this "Yellow Pages" they reference later on and why would you send a mailing to the AHA? WOW how stuff changes through time!

here's mine: read this article while on my last cruise, July of '93 and just thought brewing beer would be the coolest thing in the world (still do). heard stories about my great grandma brewing beer during Prohibition and my uncles did it a few times when it first became legal. their beer was not the first beer I ever had, but was the first I ever got drunk on

got out of the Navy in November and was brewing my first batches by January.

View attachment 649633

View attachment 649632

A little homage to the beginning of my obsession......

View attachment 649573
Haha. Way before then, you could buy hopped Blue Ribbon Malt Extract in the local grocery store. Next isle over, pick up some baker's yeast and a bag of white sugar. Fresh tap water from the home cold water faucet and place it all in a clean unsterilized container. Viola, fresh home-made beer for cheap in only a few days! [emoji481]

Latest posts

Back