Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to bears... no pictures...

The early part of my life, 0-3 y/o, we lived in the Berkshire mountains in lower Massachusetts. At a very early age I learned about bears as we would often have visits. Even remember playing on my swing set singing about bears stepping on nails and thorns because I was so scared of them.

The story goes, when I was first walking and talking there was a knock at the door and I opened it to see the first black man I ever remembered seeing! I slammed the door in his face and screamed in horror to my mom that there was a bear at the door!

He was a good friend of the family, who had just come back from college. He played college baseball, was offered a position in the majors but wanted to teach instead.

Later he became my baseball coach and taught me how to knock them out of the park!

7dlnbux.jpg

As big of a pain in the ass this winter has been, I have to say Minneapolis and our suburbs know how to handle snow.
Can't say that about many other major cities.
Another 12" on the way Sat.

View attachment 616117
Ah.... springtime in MN, when it gets warm enough to snow

Bald Eagles are pretty common across most of North America. We see them occasionally on our South Alabama Farm.

I used to live in Anchorage, Alaska and had the chance to go to Kodiak. I was stuck at the South Western end of the island due to weather and took a hike to a fish weir to kill time. A fish weir prevents fish from going upstream and has small doors in it. The Ranger opens the doors in the morning, sits on the weir and counts the number of salmon that swim through. Only after a certain number of salmon have been counted, do they open the salmon fishing season. That way, they ensure enough fish have made it upstream to spawn. This Grizzly figured out that when the weir was closed, the fish were stuck below it and made fishing easy.
Kodiak Bear.jpg

IMG_7088.JPG
Can’t hear the words “bear” and “Alaska” without thinking of the video this meme came from

Latest posts

Back