Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a lovely evening in the neighborhood. 🙄
View attachment 838911
Oh lovely, we had a few days a little over a week ago with temps creeping down towards -40.
I was left stranded in the parking lot of my local towns grocery store, even though the car was only standing with the engine off for about ten minutes...

This is me and my chicken stir fry in a wok:

1705159730511.jpeg

...and two whisks, a collander, 3 cutting boards.

And about 4 beers.

Goodbye wheelbolts and any chance of ever getting that one off if the wrench slips was my only thought...
Could be worse...had a cheapskate come in to the shop one day who wanted us to go over to his house and loosen the bolts for him...seems he'd assumed they were rusted in place because he couldn't loosen them with the provided 70's 'wheel wrench' (Yes; that horrible 120° angled monstrosity that came with cars back then)..so he decided to 'loosen the rust' by pounding on them with a sledge hammer. Needless to say; We had to tow it in, cut off (except for the one he broke clean off) and replace all the nuts AND bolts.

“Lear 8 Romeo Alpha is down and clear. Taxi to parking”.

908D4018-6D81-4B02-A75B-C1DE951A050F.jpeg

This happened last week at Livingston, MT. They landed downwind, overshot the runway, and ended up in the ravine beyond the airport. Two pilots onboard, no passengers, no injuries, 40 year old Learjet probably a parts plane now.

“Lear 8 Romeo Alpha is down and clear. Taxi to parking”.

View attachment 839295
This happened last week at Livingston, MT. They landed downwind, overshot the runway, and ended up in the ravine beyond the airport. Two pilots onboard, no passengers, no injuries, 40 year old Learjet probably a parts plane now.
How did I not hear about this?!

How did I not hear about this?!
Probably because the aviation news was clogged with the missing plug door story. Even the plane that landed on another one in Japan and burned to the ground disappeared from news coverage when Bob the teacher found the door in his back yard.

to be fair, that iPhone falling more than a foot & ½ (16,000 feet) & still working is pretty newsworthy

Last edited:
Probably because the aviation news was clogged with the missing plug door story. Even the plane that landed on another one in Japan and burned to the ground disappeared from news coverage when Bob the teacher found the door in his back yard.
I live right next to Livingston, that's why I'm asking

Back