Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way more than I should, but green chile doesn't do all that well in MN so I buy the roasted, peeled & cleaned, diced, frozen stuff.

This is 2023 crop, $43/box shipped on dry ice. It's packaged 1lb x5 per box.

I had one of the early tankless/on demand water heaters, 1990s vintage. Many years later I got a nice new fancy kitchen sink faucet for my wife that cost a couple hundred dollars. Faucet conformed with new California low flow regulations. The old water heater had a minimum flow requirement before it would turn on, to prevent over heating water flowing at a low rate. $250 new faucet turns into a $2000 new water heater. Plumbing is like that.
We went tankless 2 years ago because the builder put a 21 inch diameter tank in a closet with a 17.5 inch door. I cut the old tank in half with a reciprocating saw to get it out.

Maybe have to be in the trades or service industry around here to get this, but looking forward to winter;

IMG_2057.JPG
IMG_2072.JPG

White Mountains turned gray by smoke from Canada fires. It's been like this all summer and will likely stick around until winter snow hopefully puts out all the fires up there...

View attachment 830577

Cheers!
That is sad. Imagine how bad it is near the fires. A couple of years ago we had a moderate sized fire 50 miles from here. When the wind came out of the north it was difficult to breathe. Several times I woke up in the middle of the night thinking our house was on fire.

A reference to full speed of a car. At redline in high gear (top of top). I thought of this because both power meters are most of the way to full scale.
Ahh. I see.

But, no, not maxed out. More like high speed cruise. Needles are peaking up around 100W. The amp is rated 200wpc and will do around 300wpc peak.

White Mountains turned gray by smoke from Canada fires. It's been like this all summer and will likely stick around until winter snow hopefully puts out all the fires up there...

View attachment 830577

Cheers!
I wouldn't worry about it. It's like that in Montana every year since I can remember. And yes, the snow puts it out every time.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's like that in Montana every year since I can remember. And yes, the snow puts it out every time.
The biggest fire in NM was started as a prescribed burn in January 2022 with the idea that the winter snow would fully extinguish it. It didn't work-the fire smoldered until April until the thaw and spring winds revived it. Look up the Calf Canyon Fire

The biggest fire in NM was started as a prescribed burn in January 2022 with the idea that the winter snow would fully extinguish it. It didn't work-the fire smoldered until April until the thaw and spring winds revived it. Look up the Calf Canyon Fire
Oh man what a mess!

I can't find any info on how much snow they got that winter from a quick search. But I'm sure that because of how much snow and how cold it gets up here, there's very little chance of that happening.

Looks like a good trout stream.

Exactly. It was once, and is again, a highly productive trout stream, with both browns and rainbows. It had been trampled to death by cattle operations to the point of becoming more marsh than stream. My friend spent a crapton on the rehab that took a year. This is just one of a multitude of awesome shots he has posted now a couple of years later...

Cheers!

Exactly. It was once, and is again, a highly productive trout stream, with both browns and rainbows. It had been trampled to death by cattle operations to the point of becoming more marsh than stream. My friend spent a crapton on the rehab that took a year. This is just one of a multitude of awesome shots he has posted now a couple of years later...

Cheers!
I live in pa so most of the trout streams here are mountainous and more stocked than native waters, still my favorite type of waters to fish. My bucket list is full of streams like the one in that picture. Awesome of him to rehab it.

We live about 100 miles from Hatch so we always have a freezer full. But, when we lived in Carlsbad NM we got our chile from a farm outside of Artesia, and I have yet to find chile that even approached that quality. It was fresher since it was picked when you arrived and ordered it. Their Big Jims for rellenos, and poblanos for stuffing could be very hot.

Oh, sure, I have to believe fresh picked and roasted would be da bomb. Unfortunately such arrangements don't, to my knowledge, exist here in MN.

We live about 100 miles from Hatch so we always have a freezer full. But, when we lived in Carlsbad NM we got our chile from a farm outside of Artesia, and I have yet to find chile that even approached that quality. It was fresher since it was picked when you arrived and ordered it. Their Big Jims for rellenos, and poblanos for stuffing could be very hot.

Back