Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20210706_181044392.jpg

African cane toad. This is the bugger that is causing all the ecological problems in Australia.

On my way to work I pass this driveway, its steeper then the picture does justice but in any case I think if the parking brake were to release not sure that rock is gonna help much.
View attachment 734708
The only way for the brakes to release is if the air system is charged with >60psi. There are very stout coil springs, contained in a steel canister at each rear wheel, which keep the brakes applied. The rock is probably just to elicit comments such as yours from passersby. Or, the brake shoes are completely worn out. :cool:

Last edited:
They are very similar, one difference is old bay sold out to mccormick sometime in the 90's I believe and j.o. is still family owned. Probably a slightly different spice blend (j.o. is darker in color) and I think j.o. has a little more kick to it. If you were sitting at a crab house near the chesapeake they are likely using j.o. to season the crabs. My mother and her family grew up near Havre de Grace Maryland and this is what I always remember using when we would get a fresh bushel. I put some water and vinegar in the bottom of the kettle along with some of the seasoning get it boiling and use something to keep the crabs out of the liquid, toss them in about 15 at a time fit in my pot, sprinkling more j.o. on each one as they go in. About 15 minutes or so and they come out and into a cooler. Once the whole batch is done, dig in.

I need to get back to that area one of these days. Many years ago Uncle Sam sent me to the tidewater area of VA. I remember well the little hole-in-the-wall crab shacks along the bay. One place in particular had a dock out back where the local crabbers would bring them in. You knew they were fresh. Big wooden picnic tables with mallets and digging tools, a stack of freshly-steamed blue crabs and a bucket of iced beers. We'd come out of the place covered in bits of shells and cats would be following us. ;) Damn good times.

We do a big surf & turf thing for friends every so often--steaks on the grill and a mess of king crab legs on the boil. (My old 10 gal brew kettle is now dedicated for that duty.) I usually dump in some Old Bay to add flavor, or sometimes the Zatarains stuff. I'll look for the J.O. online (I've never seen it in stores here).

Back