Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not fortunate enough to have captured this image. This pair has 3 eaglets nearly ready to fledge. The female is the larger one.
28650EC8-B7A4-4B8D-B1DB-667BE1E2FE64.jpeg

we have a creek & flood plain behind the house, pretty sure that's where he/she is doing the damming

there's already a spillway back there, so I'm not worried about flooding

Beaver!
Man you gotta dissuade that activity *NOW*!
Those things will damn up the front walk and you'll have a whole mess on the front porch. :)

Interesting.... In South Dakota on a golf course last year, a marmot stole my golf ball and carried it off.
I had to forfeit the hole. Cost me 10 bucks...

Wouldn't that fall under the "outside agency" rule? IE if your ball is moved by an outside agency like a wild animal or another person you can replace the ball without penalty. Time to get that ten back, lol.

Wouldn't that fall under the "outside agency" rule? IE if your ball is moved by an outside agency like a wild animal or another person you can replace the ball without penalty. Time to get that ten back, lol.

You're probably right. But we heavily frequented the beverage cart, and the guys I were playing with were my best buddies. Not worth challenging the 10 bucks, Best round I ever played. Anyway, they made it up at the 19th hole......

most people I've shown that picture to say "woodchuck" or "ground hog"

so, now we're calling HIM "Phil", we were calling HER "Winona"

I don't think people that searched for "beaver tail" also searched for feet...
I think people that searched for "beaver" and "tail" also searched for "feet"...
Google get your mind out of the gutter...

I don't think people that searched for "beaver tail" also searched for feet...
I think people that searched for "beaver" and "tail" also searched for "feet"...
Google get your mind out of the gutter...

That was actually Bing or whatever the mircosoft edge pulls up as the default search engine. My previous comment was really a bad attempt at a joke.

Text searches are usually pretty good, images searches can have questionable stuff mixed in. I dont think there was anything to the recommendation thing I just thought it was funny they were showing people feet with a referenced to woodchucks.

For what it is worth I did the search as I was thinking woodchucks had a much shorter bob tail. The only one I have seen in the wild clumsily climbed a tree to watch me fish.

We have a dead ringer for that woodchuck currently residing in his/her summer home under our deck, the current in a long line of "lawn pigs" we've hosted over the last 30-something years. And that's the prototypical tail...

Cheers!

I live under one of the approaches to SFO, about the place they start the initial slow down and it has been very noticeable how few flights there are lately.

Back