Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that main supplier of my brew ingredients has sale ending today, ordered 80#s euro pils malts. Had enough for many batches, but will load shelves w very little incentive when times getting weird.

And yeah, it's far more relaxing to go on line and order from the brew supply than it is to intake the news.

the BigHair texted me

remember, kids... auto suggest = good, auto correct = bad

14.jpg

"subject to light piping"
"please load in dim light"

Really?

Any light SHOULD ruin it. What a weird description for panchromatic film. I use to love 100' bulk load film, and go through a ton of 35mm loads every time I'd go on a camping trip in the Smokies where I grew up. Many much stream pictures. D76 developer all the way.

God I miss the old days.

I learned to do everything with undeveloped film by touch. in a bag, in a darkroom, NO LIGHT

still have my Minolta SRT101, haven't used it in years. until the lens covers on my S9+ broke, I rarely broke out my Rebel DSLR

I may have to go analog for a while, now that I found out I can buy BULK!

"subject to light piping"
"please load in dim light"

Really?

Any light SHOULD ruin it. What a weird description for panchromatic film. I use to love 100' bulk load film, and go through a ton of 35mm loads every time I'd go on a camping trip in the Smokies where I grew up. Many much stream pictures. D76 developer all the way.

God I miss the old days.

blue star at top: our house

red circle at bottom: proposed Virginia site for new "Team Commandos" /spit stadium, less than 3 miles from our house

**** that. not here, please

new stadium from my house.jpg

used to be an NFL team called the Washington Redskins (HTTR!) their HQ is a few miles up the road (VA Rt 28) from that proposed stadium site

they dropped that name, went by "Washington Football Team" for a few years

recently announced the name change to "Commanders"

I spit on the Team & the "Commandos"

I learned to do everything with undeveloped film by touch. in a bag, in a darkroom, NO LIGHT

still have my Minolta SRT101, haven't used it in years. until the lens covers on my S9+ broke, I rarely broke out my Rebel DSLR

I may have to go analog for a while, now that I found out I can buy BULK!

OM-1 was mine. Made my own gralab-ish darkroom enlarger timer. Never used a bag until near the end, just did everything in the darkroom. I do miss it.

i'd post this in what i'm listening too...but i had a random drunken thought.....

if you insert an elipse inbetween, "grabbed a beer" and "that's cold".....and thinking they're robbing the place.....it takes on new meaning.... 🤣

call from a customer who has a member in their database twice. it's easier when there's no data connected to one, we can just delete & move on. but this one has data in both, so it's just a bit trickier.

I ask what the member's name is & my customer responds: "Smith. Will Smith"

me: "as long as we're not combining him with Chris Rock, this should be easy"

The "Commandos" is what threw me off. It sounded close but not quite.
On the toothpaste? Heck yeah on the flavor. Maybe even go further. I know cilantro can be abrasive to some but whatever. Sky's the limit.
I spit on the Team & the "Commandos"
1649019567518.png

Without caring too much or looking too long, that's what I came up with.

if you insert an ellipsis in between, "grabbed a beer" and "that's cold".....and thinking they're robbing the place.....it takes on new meaning
I've noticed that the ellipsis has taken the place of the "m-dash" to replace a pause and it now seems common, widespread. I'm not okay with that, are you? Even with a quick Google definition search, the definitions don't include "a pause in the action" or some such.

a hundred times "like"

Being nice is so sweet.

FOLLOWING THE **** RULES OF THE **** ROAD IS **** NICER BECAUSE THEN EVERY****ONE KNOWS WTF IS **** GOING ON

/endrant

yes, thank you... you're being oh-so-nice for letting me go first even though I have a stop-sign and you don't.

but you're the biggest ******* in the world to the 3 people stuck behind you

Grog's Random Drunken Thoughts While Not Driving™

why is it at stop signs, all the time i stop at the exact same time as someone else! i mean i see it about to happen and slow down, or speed up to make it obvious who has the right of way....but for some reason!

i'd post this in what i'm listening too...but i had a random drunken thought.....

if you insert an elipse inbetween, "grabbed a beer" and "that's cold".....and thinking they're robbing the place.....it takes on new meaning.... 🤣

Ahh, the 727, one of my favorite aircraft. Beastie Boys not so much. :)

why is it at stop signs, all the time i stop at the exact same time as someone else! i mean i see it about to happen and slow down, or speed up to make it obvious who has the right of way....but for some reason!
It seems that the neighboring state must teach stop sign process differently than my state.
It is almost a certainty that if three vehicles arrive sequentially, and the first one to completely stop is from the neighboring state, the driver of the first car will still sit and watch for one of the other two to make the decision to go. Almost guaranteed!
They may think they are being polite, even waving others on, but I think they are ignorant PITAs!

It seems that the neighboring state must teach stop sign process differently than my state.
It is almost a certainty that if three vehicles arrive sequentially, and the first one to completely stop is from the neighboring state, the driver of the first car will still sit and watch for one of the other two to make the decision to go. Almost guaranteed!
They may think they are being polite, even waving others on, but I think they are ignorant PITAs!

now that you say that, isn't there a rule that i always forget, which side goes first if unison stop happens?

Ah the right of first acceleration rule.
Typically preceded by the a$$hat corollary "I saw the intersection first and never slowed down lower than 10mph and I therefore go first".

[Edit: I almost forgot-and get off my lawn!'

Guess it is only Thursday, too early to take a victory lap for the week endured.

On the traffic topic, things are really weird here; a lot of the semi senile erstwhile seasonal visitors, that have taken more and more to stay all or at least too much of year, ...anyway, they think they are perpetuating some kind of "magic is;land" courtesy culture where they seek approval for locking up their breaks to let each and every car that is waiting to merge from however a minor dirt driveway....stopping in front of people like me, drivin' a F-800 dump full of gravel... I could go on, but time to calm down.

also: I'm betting as soon as I do take advantage of this assknob & jump the right-of-way, they will accelerate into me & blame me for the accident

oh, no, dumbfook... I have you on dashcam, waving me thru

PSA: If one gets to the "Lord have mercy!" stage of terror - after having paid actual money to arrive at that moment at some random "amusement ride" - perhaps one should be a bit more critical in advance...and default to "Mmmmmm.....nope" :D

That is all.
Go about your bidness.

PSA: If one gets to the "Lord have mercy!" stage of terror - after having paid actual money to arrive at that moment at some random "amusement ride" - perhaps one should be a bit more critical in advance...and default to "Mmmmmm.....nope" :D

Someone talked you into the Free Wheelin' JATO Backpack Bahamian Rippin' Water Rocket Ride?

Back