Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is how lazy i am.jpg

Don't want to take this thread down a hole...[pause for cognition]...but being "old" plus having a familial history (dad had a foot of colon removed at 65) I've done that colonoscopy rodeo (counts fingers) seven times now with the latest one just this spring and I can say the "prep" has greatly improved from the olden times. Seriously, it's cartwheels better.

No longer have to down a gallon of incredibly disgusting solution (omg - I wanna puke just thinking about it!) now you swallow some pills and drink a designated volume of plain water, and you're good for lift off! (and trust me, it is effective. Buckle up!)

I'm good for 3 years. Most would be good for five...

Cheers!

Don't want to take this thread down a hole...[pause for cognition]...but being "old" plus having a familial history (dad had a foot of colon removed at 65) I've done that colonoscopy rodeo (counts fingers) seven times now with the latest one just this spring and I can say the "prep" has greatly improved from the olden times. Seriously, it's cartwheels better.

No longer have to down a gallon of incredibly disgusting solution (omg - I wanna puke just thinking about it!) now you swallow some pills and drink a designated volume of plain water, and you're good for lift off! (and trust me, it is effective. Buckle up!)

I'm good for 3 years. Most would be good for five...

Cheers!
Gotta admit putting off my scopes because the prep was worse than the procedure

That's next, tho.

Wife has had cancer 3x in the past 6 years. Colon, lung & colon metastasized to her lungs. So I've been prioritizing her health at the expense of my own.

Sorry, babe... that's gotta change

Just had surgery & one of my nurses in CV-ICU was named "Jessica" so I listened to some Allman Brothers.

She recognized the song, had no idea she shared names with it.

I would say the percentage of Jessicas named after that song approaches 0%.

Next nurse was named "Annalee", so I switched to The Band.

Nurse Annalee: "you know, I was named..."

I would say the percentage of Annalees named after that song is exactly 100%

good drugs & the best people to care for me

I was lucky I didn't have to be carted into my triple bypass, I walked in. the team had 3 weeks to test & prepare for the procedure.

I think this is the most important key to my, so far, easy recovery

Happy to see you posting so quickly :mug:

Good drugs, eh?

...for free...

I can do this all night. Or at least for a couple more verses.
good drugs & the best people to care for me

I was lucky I didn't have to be carted into my triple bypass, I walked in. the team had 3 weeks to test & prepare for the procedure.

I think this is the most important key to my, so far, easy recovery
Glad it’s working out for you

Jeebus, that still sounds scary AF. Was it open or did they make small holes instead?

Cheers! (And welcome back, again :mug: )
Cracked wide open. Also smaller holes for drainage

The practice doing the work is pioneer in the use of minimally invasive robot-assisted coronary artery bypass graph.

But only single bypasses. I had triple

IMG_1983.jpeg

I had a disccusion a few days ago with the head brewer of a local place, he said something along the lines of no matter how small the amount of lavender is the beer‘s gonna taste like soap. I have a package of lavender flowers that I picked up for some beer or mead before hearing this… today I stumbled across this offering somewhere in Massachusetts. o_O

View attachment 826155
I had a disccusion a few days ago with the head brewer of a local place, he said something along the lines of no matter how small the amount of lavender is the beer‘s gonna taste like soap. I have a package of lavender flowers that I picked up for some beer or mead before hearing this… today I stumbled across this offering somewhere in Massachusetts. o_O
I always figured that was what they used for Thrills gum... never tasted like soap to me, but a lot of people say it does. I like lavender.

JFC...

when did it stop being "I'm doing this for you because I love you"
& become "I'm doing this for you so you stop bitching about having to do it"

Back