Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have now lost my smell and taste to the 'rona.
On the plus side, I can't smell what is in the diapers that I am changing.
On the negative, I can't taste or appreciate the beer or bourbon that changing all those diapers makes me drink...
Heard it may take 3 days to 3 months to return. When the bourbon truly goes down like water this could lead to a lot of rough mornings.

Hang in there. Go easy.
Thanks, and I am trying.
The worst part is just being quarantined with the family. I love my family, but being stuck in this house for the better part 2 weeks is going to kill me!
Honestly I thought I might not contract it from them all since I my symptoms are so mild to asymptotic.
Oh well, just have to roll with it and find someone to drop off the next bottle when this one is gone.

I hope bees recover, I need more honey.
We've been doing an all-clover lawn, zero pesticides. My neighbor has these huge purple flowers--bees everywhere. I steer clear when mowing so I don't make then anxious while they're eating--Zen.

Should we be buying stock in advanced, tattoo-removal technology?
Should folks who get a tat think ahead and get their design to account for droopy flesh that will occur in the future? How's that humming bird not going to look like a parrot thirty years from now???
Should we be buying stock in hearing aids (deafening music played for years on end)?
Should we just ride the wave and invest in smaller, better speaker technology?

I honestly don't get them. If I have something to say, I'll
i was just thinking how in the 60s-70s they had HUGE woofers, and now just like 6" woofers and high powered subwoofers....
Yeah, I recall when water-cooled speakers were cutting edge. Big speakers are really, really cool. I'd marvel at the concert setups-stacks and stacks and stacks.
Anecdote time: I bought a pair of top-of-the-line speakers back in the day, worth a lot of money and I was going to pay 1/10th of the price but I KNEW they were stolen. I couldn't wait to make that transaction and have them in my possession. Guess what happened? They sat...and sat...and sat until I gave them away.
Stupid ethics!

Had a GF that had a penguin on her hip 25 years ago. Betting that is looking more like an elephant seal now...
Totally made me laugh. Well done.
Tattoos were unique, once upon a time. Now they are not. They are as common as a pair of Nikes. Ironically, the unique individual is the man/woman without tattoos. Now they stand out.
In football, did it start with the single, barbed-wire bit on the upper arm?
I do know that the kids appreciate/become animated when I admire their art work (done by an artist, not the wearer). It is cool, I'll admit, but why not have it put to canvas in case their tastes change?
I've always wondered what I would get if I HAD to get one. I draw a blank.

Guess what happened? They sat...and sat...and sat until I gave them away.

i gave my 18" speaker pair to somone that gave me $20 to get them heroin......(i blew the money on meth)

Stupid ethics!

nah, age and an appreciation for people working does things to someone, at least me..... :mug:

Yup. Still got my homebuilt 15" altec mini-VOTs as TV speakers. But cute little 5" Canadian speakers that go down to 42Hz on my main rig, with a cheapa55 Yamaha sub.

i gave my 18" speaker pair to somone that gave me $20 to get them heroin......(i blew the money on meth)
I hope it was a fair trade.
nah, age and an appreciation for people working does things to someone, at least me.....
I'm with you on that though I don't think age is a factor. I was being funny (failed). I'm reluctant to claim "ethical." I try, I will say that. Getting money without putting in the energy (action) to make money is criminal (excludes all legal situations) since it skips that vital step by violating the natural order of things in this universe--you have to work to get something.
Ethics can be funny: You do the right thing but you can still get a "what if" feeling of, "I should have gone through with the transgression and obtained the easy road." It's only natural but that concept is deadly.
I experienced the "polluted" nature of stolen goods and so couldn't use them, period. I didn't know that that was had happened at the time. I guess I got a little lucky in that I didn't use them and just got rid of them. People Instinctively know they won't enjoy products not honestly obtained.
Reiterating the "what if I just did the wrong thing, knowing it was wrong?" idea, you could come across a million dollars, for example, and you give it back. But you could have bought a house if you kept the stolen money! You could have had and stable future! Fact is, you'd never truly enjoy it. That action of stealing is dreadful and it would be someone's downfall: you would have to convince yourself, every day, for the rest of your life that you aren't miserable.
Scales say, return the dough no matter how painful it seems.

I have drunken thoughts but are they random? I have to dis a poster up above for making me think about this. So frustrating.
OH! I have one:
Who decided the general stove width and refrigerator height that will fit in a kitchen? I mean, who exactly? What's his or her name?
Yeah, that was random.

I hope it was a fair trade.

i felt it was? i spent $300 on them on a POS alcholic's lawyer fees "to help him out"...was sourned by what i think, know where tweakers trying to get me to live a life of pain so they can get randy....but anyway.....**** hit the fan....a $280 loss is minor.....
:mug:
People Instinctively know they won't enjoy products not honestly obtained.

tell that to dope cooks and pot growers, and what not....poor saps living on the streets not knowing any better, just 'pay whatever'.....doesn't matter if you're living on the street...drugs are cool, and so is all the hollywoood actors telling you how cool it is!

but this is getting political and i should tone it down...

I just love i can always come here, and if a praticular drug dealer is pissing me off, i know i can at leaqst talk smack about inbev!!! lol ;) :mug:

1640760527573.png

Last edited:
Between the holidays and the weather, my work decided to shutdown for the week. Which is okay because I’m not in operations. I’m managing a construction project.

Well, my contractor just pulled off for the rest of the week because they can’t get materials because of the weather and the holidays.

So now I have to figure out what I’m doing for the next 7 days besides day drinking & reading The Shining.

"Those old power converters? Yeah, some whiny moisture farmer ordered them years ago, never came to pick them up"

- dialog from a merchant at Tosche Station in the new Boba Fett series

If I were writing the show

I'm thinking spicy BBQ sauce.

damn i got some A1 because i was watching a youtube video on european forein sections in markets...and A1 was prominent in the 'american' section, but i haden't had it in a while....damn good on a ground beef patty but i don't know how it'd work for turkey breast...lol :mug:

Is it real sliced turkey? Or that chopped & pressed sliced turkey?

Because there's plenty to do with the former & nothing to do with the latter

Master & Commander: Far Side of the World is one of those movies which, if I am channel surfing & I come across it, I will stop & watch to the end, no matter what part I came in on.

happened yesterday, while I was having lunch. yes, it was liquid, so this post is on topic

so I watched, but have to do it with closed captioning. Because they speak a different version of English

HMS Surprise has anchored off the coast of Brazil to take on provisions & one conversation had this on the closed caption: "(man speaking Brazilian)"

/facepalm. does anyone know what language Brazilians speak? it ain't Brazilian. like Austrians don't speak Austrian

then, later... "(cello playing uplifting classical melody)"

Even I know it was the prélude to Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major

random drunken thought: Someone gets paid for this slop?

Master & Commander: Far Side of the World is one of those movies which, if I am channel surfing & I come across it, I will stop & watch to the end, no matter what part I came in on.

There's talk of a prequel!

If you haven't yet, please, please read the source material. A series of 20 novels by Patrick O'Brian. Book 1 is M&C, book 10 FSOTW.

Yes, Brazilians speak Portuguese, but IIRC the people crowding around the ship are indigenous. At the dawn of the 19th century they might have been speaking their own language. Still, not Brazilian.

brazzillion? shaving hairs?

my random thought would be what does LOL stand for again? lots of laughter, or laughing out loud?

Back