• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia Ranco ETC-111000 Single Stage Temperature Controller - Wired

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonNowlin

Reaction score
I've got a used single stage temp controller for $70 shipped. Wired myself with a power strip. Works great. Pic included.

Ranco.jpg

DonNowlin said:
I've got a used single stage temp controller for $70 shipped. Wired myself with a power strip. Works great. Pic included.

Do you know how many degrees its accurate for?

As far as it's accuracy - if you mean how many degrees is it from a specific point - I've never had it calibrated, so I'd assume that it is accurate. It operates between -30 and +220 with a differential of 1 to 30 degrees. I can say that i've used it to control a freezer for cold crashing and to control a heating element to maintain fermentation temp and it kept the temp the same as the stick on thermometer displayed. Hope that answers your question.

I know this is an old 'For sale Thread' but Im looking to wire up my Ranco ETC and Ive found a wiring tutorial on-line that also used a Power Strip. Im just wondering why a Power Strip is used? I presume its to plug the Freezer into but why wire in a whole Power Strip and not just a single socket?

Also, how do you guys run the Probe into the Freezer? Drill a hole or just past the seal at the Door?

Back